Helping Nova Scotians connect with good jobs
Search Nova Scotia
online job postings
- Online Help for VolunteersPeople working with non-profit groups now have improved access to skills and training online and volunteers can match skills with organizations in need to better serve Nova Scotians. Learn More.
- START ProgramThe START program encourages employers to hire Nova Scotians requiring work experience or apprenticeship support, resulting in good jobs for Nova Scotians and good employees for employers. Learn More
- Irving Shipbuilding ContractsThe Shipbuilding contracts are expected to create as many as 11,500 direct and indirect jobs in Nova Scotia during peak production years, and generate 30 years of industry stability. Learn More
- High Opportunity Career OptionsThis guide provides profiles of in-demand occupations across Nova Scotia. Learn More
Choose a Career
Find a Job
Program participants share their stories
- By working through this program it reinforces and reminds you of the skill set that you do have and that there are things you can do even if you are a more mature individual.
- The Workplace Education program has been wonderful for our leadership team...The training has been a real gift for us and the benefits will be seen for years to come.
- The program is where I learned to do business planning, accounting, and every skill you need to start your business.
- It's given me the opportunity to actually complete my whole apprenticeship...the START program gave me the opportunity to stay in my home town.
- One of the biggest things the Transition Program enabled me to do was believe in myself and what I am capable of achieving after being out of the school system for more than 20 years.
- The Leadership and Productivity training we are receiving is helping us become a more competitive business here at Galloping Cows.
- They helped me find my first job and I worked my term period and at the end of that term period I got my hearing aids….it was like turning the light back on.
- For someone who likes to work with their hands and likes the gratification of a job well done…it’s a good process to go through.
- I really wanted to get my grade 12 and that phone call brought me here...Coming here I feel like it's opened the world to me.
- I quit school when I was in grade 10 and jumped from menial job to menial job...I wanted to make something of myself and let [my kids] see that I did, so I decided to get my education.